Monday 7 February 2022

Here I go again...

Well a lot has happened in the last 12 months. We've moved cities (well, moved from a city to village/town near another city) and islands... and since December have been residing in our new house with a large hobby space (i.e. insulated and carpeted garage).

Since moving, my hobby output has gone, let's say, on a bit of an upward trajectory. Since May last year I have painted:

2000pts of Space Wolves (March of the Ancients list) - came 4th at No Surrender 2021 in Chch which was a surprise (to me, as well as Pete - given that I had done so poorly at FoB with the same list).
About 2500pts of AdMech - yet to be tested in the crucibles of battle but that will happen at some point. After I had built and painted them I found another 10 Skitarii so haven't quite painted "everything" I own of them but pretty damn close! (closer than any other army I have ever owned anyway)

And lastly I am off to a decent start in 2022 - having just finished painting my starting Orlock gang (for when either I get invited to or start a campaign myself). 

I've also built a number of models ... 
Thunder Warrior (with another 1-2 in the brain pan)

Imperial Judge

My second Primaris Chaplain onna bike... obviously I have something against the official model

... plus a bunch of Deathwatch models.

So... my goals for this year are a mix of aspirational and achievable... I think.

I have in my inventory of things to paint:
  • Deathwatch
  • Some bits and pieces for my Custodes
  • Some bits and pieces for my Genestealer Cult
  • Another Space Wolf army (probably got 2-3 2k armies in bits)
  • Grey Knights
  • Militarum Tempestus
  • Imperial Knights plus attendant rabble (Astra Militarum)
  • Some bits and pieces for my Breslau Sturmjaegers Astra Militarum (here's looking at the Baneblade that has been sitting basecoated since they were released in what... 2009?)
  • Many many MANY ideas for my Inquisition
  • Slowly replacing my metal Adepta Sororitas with the new plastics
  • Death Guard + Daemons (my secret army shhh)
  • More Necromunda gangs
  • A 6'x4'Necromunda table
So I'm aiming to achieve at least two of these things... as well as play in a tournament or two. 

And I have at least 5 other people in my immediate village who play so should be able to get more games in too.

Here's to 2022

4 comments :

  1. Wow. I'm guessing you're very happy in ChCh. You seem to be in a good place hobbywise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Less house renovations for a start. That saves a lot of time.

      Delete
  2. Good Looking wolves and a nice result with them. Hope you find some people to do Necromunda with, it can be a nice change of pace from 40k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I might take some better photos of them later...

      Delete