Wednesday 13 August 2014

Ok, to prove that I actually have been painting things

So, as I alluded to in the First Post, I got back from the UK all inspired. I took stock of all the models I had to paint in order to (mostly) finish off my Astra Militarum (Imperial Guard for anyone with a memory capacity over 4 months), my Inquisition, and my Adepta Sororitas (Sisters of Battle for you old skoolers).


... So, after coming round and picking myself up off the floor, I decided on a plan. But let’s be honest – it was a vague plan, made of pen and paper doodles. But it was one that involved divesting myself of all the models that, while I really wanted to paint and play with them, realistically they would never ever make it into the Top 10 of stuff I wanted to paint – so I said goodbye (via TradeMe). Goodbye dwarfs, my first WHFB army <sob>.

Anyway, mourning time was over.

I made a list. At some point I will post it. But it has a lot of infantry. And about 20 tanks. But PLENTY OF VARIETY for me to get into and not feel like I am getting overwhelmed (oh, and I bought an airbrush compressor, give you a clue).

So I looked at the list and started with something that would be useful for a number of armies. Inquisitor Coteaz with a retinue of 3 Servitors and 2 Jokaero.



The Man

Apologies for the photo quality, it’s not the greatest. This is partly to do with (lack of) skill, but I am also waiting for my photo box to arrive in the mail so (fingers crossed) the standard of photos will improve.


However, I am pretty happy with the way they came out. The Jokaero were actually unbelievably fiddly and annoying as all hell to paint, and they were the ones I was expecting to get done in an evening.


Next post: Guar…. Astra Militarum



3 comments :

  1. Hi Hagen! We are all aflutter with the reading of one of New Zealand's pre-emanate players of toy soldiers. Regarding the light box (and to help with the photos until one arrives), I have this awesome tutorial on a DIY solution: http://www.spruegrey.com/diy-lightbox-tutorial-10-easy-steps
    I'd be interested in your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi R@tty! Yes I am emanating all right :-).

      I used to have a home-made light box but found it was not very storage-centric. This is more important now!

      The instructions look good. One thing I would suggest (from experience) for your DIY box is that you use baking/greaseproof paper rather than tissue. Much sturdier!!

      Delete
    2. That's actually a really good idea. The main reason that I used the tissue was that it was fairly translucent, but I can see that the baking paper would be a good idea. I will inevitably crack it with the tissue, so it will be sooner rather than later that I revisit my lightbox.

      Delete