Tuesday 24 November 2015

Ordo Xenos - the Deathwatch

One of my hobby goals has been to be able to field forces representing the three major Ordos of the Inquisition.

While I had started modelling a Deathwatch Kill team squad, using the rules back in WD 306 (and I had designs for more) I got the fantastic opportunity several years ago to purchase a Deathwatch themed army from Alan Borthwick.

This was all done pre-plastic Sternguard and Vanguard so yeah, amazing work and I feel very lucky/blessed to be benefitting from his hobby skills.


All the Space Marines I have (and bitz boxes)

Command - need a third Librarian so I can do that Conclave thing (I have the plastic one in the background but a metal one would be more... right)

Sternguard Squad

My Sternguard Squad but probably just a Tactical Squad armament-wise

Two Terminator squads - need to convert the CC squad but first need another 5+ of the plastic terminator Deathwatch shoulder pads!

3 Dreadnoughts (Furioso, Venerable, + AoBR)

Vanguard/fancy Assault Squad

Tactical Squad 1

Tactical Squad 2

Tactical Squad 3

Scout Squad (and yes I do have the rest of them)

Land Raider Prometheus but I need to convert to a Crusader... and two Rhinos

3 Drop Pods and 4 Landspeeders (two of which will be Typhoons)

My collection of Servitors without any Techmarine to guide them... :(

And finally, my Horus Heresy started army from when Pete at FoB was trying to get people inspired to paint up a force. Obviously I would add to this with the new HH box set... if I had time.

So yet another accumulation of unpainted models and great ideas and intentions which I WILL turn into reality...

It does need some more grav weaponry and maybe Centurions and also possibly a Devastator squad (with grav cannons). I possibly have some of the old metal Devastator bodies lying around so that would be suitable I think... although I quite like the mix of metal and plastic.



No comments :

Post a Comment