Monday 30 May 2022

Throwback... Monday?

1996 was a crazy year. The 2nd Ed Chaos Codex was out, and my 2000pt army consisted of a Black Legion Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour with all four Marks of Chaos, a bunch of Terminators, three Chaos Sorcerers, a Dreadnought, Land Raider and a squad of Chaos Marines. Pretty tiny!

The army has long gone, but I have kept one model to remind me of this time. 

Looking at it again, I think this is actually one of the best models that I have ever painted. I tried to copy the picture in White Dwarf and while it's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, I hadn't done any blending before and there were no YouTube tutorials, just whatever you got from White Dwarf, any mates tricks, and experience.

The only bit I think I would try to fix is the eye on the top of the staff.

No comments :

Post a Comment